For entities receiving American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funding from the Department for Energy Development and Independence (DEDI), you will have extensive reporting requirements as part of your Memorandum of Agreement (MOA). The following links and document downloads are designed to assist subrecipients of ARRA funds in their reporting obligations.
Final Report Template - Use this template to draft and submit your final report to DEDI by May 5, 2012. Report should be uploaded with your final monthly report at http://energyreports.ky.gov
Close-out Training Power Point Presentation - This is the Power Point presentation given at the Jan. 12, 2012 Close-Out Training session for all SEP Recovery Act grant recipients.
Energy Reporting – This online reporting form allows fill-in-the-blank reporting of all metrics and milestones, and the ability to upload narrative Program Status Reports for your project. For guidance on reporting, see Appendix A of your MOA and download the Compliance Manual below. For assistance with the online reporting tool, see the self-help slide presentation. Metrics reporting resources cited in the Compliance Manual are provided below:
• Compliance Manual – Essential reading for all subrecipients of ARRA funds, which outlines grant procedures and reporting requirements.
Reporting Outline – In addition to submitting metrics and financial information, regular narrative program status and compliance reports are required by Appendix A of your MOA. Use these outlines to prepare your programmatic status report narratives and compliance reports. Note: These forms replace the separate forms previously used by SEP and EECBG grants.
• Waste Management Plan Template – For projects that have National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) restrictions, you may be required to prepare a solid waste management plan. This document provides an easy-to-use template for preparing your plan.
• Estimating Jobs Created or Retained – The “Rapid Deployment Energy Efficiency (RDEE) Program Planning Guide” provides job creation estimates for various types of energy efficiency and conservation programs. This is particularly useful in situations where you have no ability to directly count hours; for example, jobs created by the manufacturing of your HVAC equipment purchase.
• ARRA Benefits Reporting Calculator – This Excel workbook provides calculations for estimating annualized energy savings, greenhouse gas/emissions reductions, and criteria pollutants reductions. This tool was developed by the U.S. Department for Energy. As such, it is general in nature and should not substitute for manufacturers or engineering estimates for energy savings on your specific project. The tool is designed to handle estimates for the following categories of activates: renewable energy, transportation, residential building retrofits, nonresidential building retrofits, financial incentives, workshops and education, energy audits or codes/standards, technical consulting or new construction, recycling, and methane or cogeneration. Be sure to read and follow the direction provided within the workbook. This spreadsheet is designed for installation or implementation of specific energy savings measures. If your project is not or cannot track energy savings or emissions reductions by individual measures, please contact DEDI to discuss. Important: Note that any energy savings or emissions reductions results should be reported on an annualized basis and only reported once.
• Emissions Reductions Calculator - This Excel spreadsheet allows you to convert energy saved or renewable energy produced to emissions reductions, as CO2-equivalents or priority pollutants, per your reporting requirements. The latest version also provides energy and CO2 equivalencies in more commonly-understood units, such as acres of forests, cars removed from the road, and average household energy usage. Call DEDI if you have questions.
Environmental Questionnaire (EF-1) – For projects with NEPA restrictions in their MOA’s (See Appendix A, Section F), you may need to submit additional information. Use the appropriate form below to submit information to DEDI, depending upon the funding source. Since this requirement does not apply to all projects, contact DEDI if you are unsure about your obligations.
• EF-1 for SEP Grant-funded Projects
• EF-1 for EECBG Grant-funded Projects
• Property Certification – Use this form to comply with Section D, Closeout Reporting, of Appendix A, on Property Certification.
• Training Presentation - Presented at the Dec. 3, 2009, grant reporting training session for all ARRA grant recipients.
Buy American - Learn more about Buy American Provision of the ARRA. View products that have been waived from Buy American.
• All ARRA grant recipients are required to report using a DUNS number. If you do not have one, you will need to apply for one. See www.dnb.com/US/duns_update.
• Draw Request Form - Used by state government agencies to request reimbursement for program expenses. Nonstate government agencies should invoice DEDI for grant reimbursement.